• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collection Logging

15 posts in this topic

Hi All !!

Posted this on another thread.. but believe it was wrong one to do so....I am new!

I am new to this forum and to NGC. I was wondering if anyone can suggest a good inventory software for my personal coin collection. I've tried the trial version of "coinmanage 2011". Looking for any input as to what you all may enjoy using or have tried.

Any input positive and/or negative will be appreciated!

Thanks and happy collecting to all!

Excel is great but can be difficult for some to grasp.

If you use the Word table function you can get nearly the same results with less screaming and pulling of hair.

All of my spreadsheets are in Word format and I am very happy with the results.

Not to belabor the obvious but the new NGC Collection Manager works pretty well once you get the hang of it.

And it's free. :grin:

Well I gotta go with the bunch here. Excel set up to your own liking, is the way to go. It allows flexibility and record keeping, multiple sheets for buying, selling, etc. Here is to big brother Microsoft.

My first post here, too!

Cast another vote for Excel. I use it for everything. I even have a small photo of each coin included on it's line and, where applicable, additional close-ups of die details and such to assist with the description.

Cheers!

Quite some time ago, I downloaded as many trial versions of coin collection inventory software as I could find and tried them all. I ended up hating many of them right out of the gate. The few I sort of liked presented me with deal-breaking limitations in short order.

Excel works best for most people, as it's most intuitive. If you're adept at using Access, that can be more powerful. If you don't want to pay for Excel, there's Gnumeric or OpenOffice.

Thanks for all of your responces!!!

I will try Excel...never had the need for it before.... but i am sure i willl need it now!

thank-you.....Razor