• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin Collecting at It's Very Best !!! posted by J Lloyd Young

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Finding a treasure where none was seen before is definately the ultimate thrill for this collector !!!

I was sorting and packing away some slabbed proof quarters earlier this evening when something told me to stop and examine one 1952 Proof Quarter in an old PCGS green holder . I flipped the holder over and yanked out my 10x glass and to my utter bewilderment and joy there sat as plain as day a SUPERBIRD variety waiting to be discovered !!!!

Granted the coin which IS currently registered in my Proof Set is not a Cameo in the least , it is still very cool to have made this discovery and now this coin will be placed " in line " along with a ton of others for eventual NGC re-grading but this time the variety will be attributed . I also strongly suspect the new grade will be significantly better than the old I expect a PF-66 or better for this bird !

It truly is a rarity in coin collecting to get to make a find like this ....I am sure you will agree that THESE are the really fun and cool moments we hope for !!!

See more journals by J Lloyd Young