• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AH1327/4 Turkey 100 Kurush

11 posts in this topic

I bought a gold coin (Turkey AH1327/4 100 Kurush) which is graded by NNC as MS 67 two weeks before.

After showing this coin to my collecter friends, some of them are of opinion that this gold coin must be a fake one.

After comparing this coin with the similar coins on HA auction records, I do find some differences between this coin and these similar coins on HA, but I'm not sure whether this coin can be definitly regarded as a fake one or not.

Therefore, I hope the expert or collector who is familiar with arabic coins may provide me some professional advices about this matter.

Thank you in advance!

104229.jpg.6062c91328b36cb9b474738fe3b94a59.jpg

Welcome to the boards! Could you show us the whole slab?

Where did you purchase the coin? The chinese characters in the picture are not a good sign.

NNC is a third world slabber - meaning they cannot be relied on for more than a plastic case.

Hi there, the first negative thing I have to say about your coin is that from what I can find Turkey did not have a 100 Kurush coin in that date range. It would have been 100 Piastres. Also the stars on the coin don't look right. I hope I am wrong but your fears maybe well founded.

Welcome to the boards! Could you show us the whole slab?

Where did you purchase the coin? The chinese characters in the picture are not a good sign.

NNC is a third world slabber - meaning they cannot be relied on for more than a plastic case.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I purchase this coin on ebay.

I will show the whole slab later.

Well, there's something I didn't expect to see. That actually appears to be a counterfeit NNC slab, holding a counterfeit coin.

Question: Why would someone couterfeit an NNC slab?

Thank you for your comments on this matter.

The expert of HA has given me the same conclusion that this coin is not genuine.