• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009/2010 US cents any off centers found yet?

9 posts in this topic

Hello coin buds.. I had a friend that showed me a 2009 Log Cabin cent 60% off center, have you seen any others if so, if you have any pics can you share. My friend was offered $200 for it at a local swap sale here in Southern Maryland and passed. He told me he hasn't seen any out there.. My god there has to be more if he has one right? thanks George

Yaha :hi:

I have seen 2 proof errors, but have not seen any business strike errors on these new Lincolns.

I would guesstimate that your friends error is worth $350.00 +/- if unc, dated, and non fingerprinted?

It's also worthy of TPG certification IMHO.

Since 2002 the number of off-centers and other major striking errors has dropped precipitously. That was when they really tightened up on quatity control and I believe that was also when the finally switched the last of the presses over to the horizontal strike presses. If the planchet isn't in the collar it tends to fall out of the press.

Hiya Broadstruck.. long time, hope the hobby has been good for you my brother. My friend is a serious collector that owns the offstrike and doesn't believe in the slabbing game.. He feels it's worth more than a slabbed Ms 65/66 because of the nitwits judging why it got the grade, the error should be paid or valued at rarity or strike.. No thumbs spew on that coin, one little faded black spot near the top, but overall it's a keeper. Wish I owned it.. It would look great in a NGC slab.

Again, nice seeing you post, miss a ton of friends from the other board Still chat with many collectors from that board on msn messenger and through phone.. George

I've been seeing a lot of the 2010 cents in change. Most of the time it is after buying lunch or coffee after work in northern Virginia.

I also have been seeing a lot of 2009 cents in the Maryland 'burbs of DC.

While I have seen some 2010 dimes, I have not seen any 2009 or 2010 nickels in change. Also missing are the 2010 national park quarter.