• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goldberg's auctions-- Big Numismatic Thrill posted by Jackson

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

It's been a while...

Yes, it has been a while since I felt the higher energy level from coin collecting. Lately it's been lower dollar coins ( around or under $100) or empty searches for the higher grade sets I'm trying to build....

Last night was quite different ! Not only did I get home from work and find out that my internet bids had been enough to land me 2 additions to my Walker collection--- I also sat down and enjoyed the live bidding since I was registered.

Watching coin after coin sell for more than the worth of my entire collection is both humbling and jaw-dropping. Bids starting at $2,000 quickly jump into 5 figures...and much of the early gold went for $100,000+....to think that I could destroy my credit and need to re-finance my home were just a mouse click away !!

Seriously though, it was exciting even just to watch--especially since I had some " house money" to play with. You see I had consigned some lots that had sold earlier for a little under 5 figures ( total-not each)...I even threw in one bid on a $3 Indian Princess gold Proof for $3000---it eventually sold for around $30,000 so I was never in any danger of actually winning but it was fun to throw in a bid !!

Anyhow, here are my 2 wins...a nice 1937 Walker MS66+ and a "lateral" move with another MS66 1943-S but much more attractive and distinctive-- yes, I do even "upgrade" my sets with the same grade on the slab--just much nicer coins. I hope you Walker lovers enjoy these...

7758.jpg

See more journals by Jackson

Hi Jackson

Attractive Walkers, I'm sure they will be fine additions to your collection. Goldbergs and Heritage to name a few, auction off coins we can only dream of owning. As I heard in a movie once, "The air up there is above my pay-grade". If only to brush shoulders with those that breath that air must have been a thrill! I get a kick out of thumbing through auction catalogs and internet listings if only to marvel at photographs of numismatic beauty and dream.

Gary

thanks Gary, it's been a long time since I've been in the forums...I accidentally erased the cookies and saved automatic log-ins on my computer....then I just got lazy and didn't get my password reset because my regular email is yahoo and these forums require a paid email to log-in ( so I had to re-open my comcast email account just so I could log-in here).

However, yes !! I do know what you mean about the rarified air and the fun of just brushing shoulders...great thing that there are plenty of wonderful coins in our strata also !