• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Craigslist Sellers as bad as eBay

9 posts in this topic

This guy is unbelieveable and arrogant:

1887 MS-62 Morgan

These are $40 - $45 all day long.

Coin is not slabbed, according to him, he graded it himself.

Now I can, and have, picked up 1887 Morgans, slabbed by PCGS and NGC, graded MS-63 for $45 and $50 respectively.

No VAM attribution to his Morgan either.

I just picked up another 1887 MS-62, PCGS, for $40. This one has what looks like a die crack stringing the stars left of Liberty's mouth on the obverse.

Got my work cut out for me, checking to see if this is a known VAM or not.

It's awful. I saw a guy selling a $2 bill about a week ago for $1000 straight. I called him up and he said it was one of one hundred and he had the special one.

::rolls eyes::

You should offer to sell him some for $100 each. :devil:

I just picked up another 1887 MS-62, PCGS, for $40. This one has what looks like a die crack stringing the stars left of Liberty's mouth on the obverse.

Unless the die crack is EXTREMELY severe, you will not find it attributed in any listing. Die cracks are very common on Morgans because of the 150 tons psi used to strike them. Occasionally, die cracks will be used as markers to determine die state, but that is about it.

Chris

there out there for sure. i know a dealer who was wanting $3 apiece for the state quarters a while back. i brought in a bunch for $20 a roll, he didnt jump on it. he moved on in anycase. word was he said he couldnt make a go of it. ( thats odd )

Unless the die crack is EXTREMELY severe, you will not find it attributed in any listing. Die cracks are very common on Morgans because of the 150 tons psi used to strike them. Occasionally, die cracks will be used as markers to determine die state, but that is about it.

Chris

It's on both sides, the reverse crack follows the rim on the top edge of the letters.

As soon as I can photo the coin I'll post pics.

there out there for sure. i know a dealer who was wanting $3 apiece for the state quarters a while back. i brought in a bunch for $20 a roll, he didnt jump on it. he moved on in anycase. word was he said he couldnt make a go of it. ( thats odd )

Not really odd.

Several dealers are selling rolls of the 2010 Shield pennies at $9 per roll, and I think they were 2 rolls for $8.95 plus postage from the Mint.