• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nearly Completed Presidential Set

2 posts in this topic

Mr. Jefferson, where are you?

This weekend I made a sizable dent in my goal to complete, to date, my PF-69 set of Presidential Dollars. I added 2008, 2009 and 2010 and only need our 3rd President, Thomas Jefferson, from 2007 to complete my set to date. Very happy about getting this close to my first complete NGC set. I've been collecting since 1987 but only started NGC collecting this year. I started with two fairly straightforward sets: 1959-Present Lincoln Proofs and this Presidential Dollar set.

I have really enjoyed the Presidential series despite it not being hugely popular. I find the coins beautifully done and unique. I only wish the public would accept a dollar coin more readily.

The set is public on my profile if you want to check it out. This weekend I'm hoping to get some pictures posted of the coins and will add them to the set as I get them done. Presidential PF-69 Set

See more journals by Clinton Fitch

Congratulations on your set. It's a good feeling to put that last coin in the box. I was glad to read that you weren't concerned with the series being "popular". Collect what turns you on, and you can't really go wrong. It's about having fun.

My first completed set was a hand-picked, raw SBA dollar collection, and I was very proud of it, even though it wasn't the most popular set to work on. It's actually a somewhat more difficult set than commonly realized. Although I've since sold the set, I had a lot of fun putting it together, and I still feel a sense of accomplishment about it.