• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

another mile stone posted by TPETERS

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Finally!!! 1/5 of the way to a Million points!!!

What's next 1/3 of a Million?

Good Evening,

Just added a new coin and it's points pushed me over the top!! Broke the 200,000 point barrier!

It has been a long and hard struggle, but now I am confident I can reach the 333,333 goal of 1/3 of a million!

Not during my lifetime, but nonetheless a lofty goal too keep me focused.

Have been thinking of downsizing my collection. I am close to 690 coins (all certified) in my collection. Way too many areas of interest. Some are natural sets based on my proof set collection. But the only one that I have taken an interest in is the Roosevelt Dime.

A new friend in the Society suggested that since I have the 46-64 collection nearly complete, that I should expand to 46-Date set. After some thought I decided to try it. As of tonight I am ranked 7th!! Soon to be 8th, but it is proving to be quite a challenge to pursue the elusive Rosie! I have resigned myself to the fact that PCGS (sorry about that), will be allowed in this set. The pickings for all NGC is just not possible (at my income level or even available for MS66/67. I am focusing on mostly FT variety when I can find/afford them.

I would like to thank Todd for pointing me down this path. I am sure I will enjoy the hunt as much as the capture!

May all yours coins fit into your slots!!!,

Todd

See more journals by TPETERS

Congratulations on the accomplishment! I think a long time ago, you suggested that I buy a gun safe to house my collection, because my safe deposit box was getting full. I took your advice last month. I bought a gun safe, fashioned some shelves to put into it and now have a ton of storage room. Thanks for the suggestion!

Marcus