• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post a coin that you like the looks of, but it is not worth slabbing.

26 posts in this topic

Post a coin that you own that you like the looks of, but for whatever reason it is not worth slabbing. Here's one I got out of a Mint Set that I quite like how it has toned up, but technically it is low grade and not worth it IMO to slab. The images are by Shane Canup and I think he did an excellent job.

sc58JF.jpg

sc58JFrev.jpg

Jim - unless you get a UCAM or a 69, late date Franklin proofs are not worth slabbing. Even a 68 CAM is only worth $150. Irvin's coin, while quite attractive, is probably a PR-66 (definitely no cameo) - which means, on a really good day, its worth $35. Definitely not worth slabbing, although a nice looking coin.

Jim - unless you get a UCAM or a 69, late date Franklin proofs are not worth slabbing. Even a 68 CAM is only worth $150. Irvin's coin, while quite attractive, is probably a PR-66 (definitely no cameo) - which means, on a really good day, its worth $35. Definitely not worth slabbing, although a nice looking coin.

Thanks for a very accurate explanation Jason. (thumbs u

Btw great looking coins Larry and everyone. :applause:

1820_105Ao.jpg

1820_105Ar.jpg

Nice coin, one of my favorites in my collection, but to me it isn't worth the cost of slabbing it.

Of course, other than for authentication purposes I don't think ANY coin deserves the indignity of a slab.

Okbustchaser---Nice looking bust half except that it looks dipped. Since it's raw, I would suggest storing it in a kraft envelope to give it a little toning to make it look a little more natural.

Okbustchaser---Nice looking bust half except that it looks dipped. Since it's raw, I would suggest storing it in a kraft envelope to give it a little toning to make it look a little more natural.

Already there...and has been for a little less than 2 years now. It's coming along; I need to take new scans.

Already there...and has been for a little less than 2 years now. It's coming along; I need to take new scans.

You could always add a Taco Bell napkin to speed things up. :devil:

That is a very pretty Cameo proof Washie. I guess since you are including it in this thread, it has no shot at PF68.
Might be cool looking, but I don't think it has a prayer at cameo either. Way too much shine.