• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are error coins not allowed in Registry sets?

4 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a coin for use in my Registry, which was also certified as being a mint error. The coin was given a numerical grade, but I'm not able to add it. What gives?

Edited to add - This is the error message I receive, "Coin ID not found for certification number. Your request has been added to an admin queue, and you will be contacted."

Mechanical mint error coins aren't allowed, but non mechanical errors are (I hope my terminology is correct). For instance, you couldn't add a broadstruck coin, but you could add a recognized die error (e.g. 1995 DDO Lincoln).

Hope this helps. I learned this one myself when I tried to add a broadstruck Jeffereson that was MS 67 6FS doh!

Noooooooo!!!

Oh well, it will still be a nice coin to have. It just sucks considering its the finest graded for the date, lol.

Thanks for the reply.

Guest Joiseygirl

RyGuy,

You may add Mint Error coins to a Custom set. There is a category specifically for Mint Error coins.

Thank you,

Amy T. Lorenzo

'Joiseygirl'