• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should these toners to go the slab factory for plastification?

5 posts in this topic

I've been considering for a while slabbing these... especially for resale. Since it would be faster and cheaper, I'd probably go with NGC on them...

1962_toned_obv_blue_proof.jpg

1962_toned_rev_blue_proof.jpg

1962_toned_obv_blue_proof1.jpg

1962_toned_rev_blue_proof1.jpg

1968s_proof_neon_obv.jpg

1968s_proof_neon_rev.jpg

74s_obv.jpg

74s_rev.jpg

78s_obv.jpg

78s_obv1.jpg

78s_rev.jpg

I also have a 76-S in a proof set but can't find the picture--it's got navy blue stripes.

You're thoughts?

Jeremy

Jeremy, I think you have some very nice Lincolns there and all are worthy of a slab. As you mention re-sale, it would definitely add a premium to them on top of their great eye appeal!

David wink.gif

That 62 looks odd, but otherwise I would say go for it. I would lean towards NGC since some might actually be worthy of a star (though I know nothing about what makes a coin star worthy, but I know that NGC is the only company that gives out stars).

AN: I will tell you what I tell everyone else when they ask about getting a coin slabbed: Don't bother unless you are going to sell. Why waste money on slabs when you can buy more coins? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

jom

AN: I will tell you what I tell everyone else when they ask about getting a coin slabbed: Don't bother unless you are going to sell. Why waste money on slabs when you can buy more coins?
I know that... even I tell that to people smile.gif I'd be inclined to sell if they went to the slab factory... as I've considered selling in the past, as well.

Jeremy