• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Surprise! posted by CBC

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Won....lost....won

I checked my e-mail this afternoon and had a big surprise waiting. I had placed several low-ball bids in a recent Heritage auction, confident that all would be outbid either during the Internet bidding or the "Live" phase. Sure enough, I started receiving "outbid" notices. By the end of the Internet bidding, I had the high bid on only two coins.

The "Live" auction (several hundred lots) went well into the night, and I signed off before my two lots came up. I checked the next morning and had been outbid by one bid increment on both lots. No surprise there; I fully expected to be outbid, but I would have been happy to buy at my bid price.

This afternoon's e-mail from Heritage informed me that the "Live" bid on one of the two lots, a 1942-S Walking Liberty half, NGC MS-66, had fell through and I now have the high bid. So, once again I'm overextended (this one represents October's coin budget for me) but only one upgrade away (1941-S MS-66) from my Short Set goal.

Here is my other budget-busting purchase; this 1921-D is heading to NGC this week.

7644.jpg

See more journals by CBC