• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SAN DIEGO 1936... Beaches, Surfing, what's not to like?

13 posts in this topic

With family in the area and a couple visits a year, I could not resist this commermorative with a winning bid worth a smile.

I did not attend the California Pacific Exposition 1935 in San Diego but the midway looked like fun.

Enjoy..

102705.jpg.49d29bd83c3d422b0cf3995ef064c093.jpg

102706.jpg.2d56190492c0b64a20b80a3d2f10a9f7.jpg

102707.jpg.271143d506c441bc812cd41004a0b4b0.jpg

The San Diego is a really nice commem and an additional positive aspect of this issue is that they are generally well struck with terrific luster.

The San Diego is a really nice commem and an additional positive aspect of this issue is that they are generally well struck with terrific luster.

Yup!

And very affordable.

The San Diego is underrated from an aesthetic standpoint, in my opinion. The design is deemed as "too busy" by some critics, but while I agree that it is busy, nonetheless, it just "works" for me. I like these coins, and as someone mentioned, they were well produced and tend to be very attractive.