• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just a fun pickup.

9 posts in this topic

Like the title says, nothing spectacular, just a fun pickup... And yes, I do know that it is not toned. I bought it raw last year, and have kept it raw. If you feel like it, give a shot at the grade, but that's certainly not necessary. I just bought it because it was a nice coin for the date/mm and had an attractive look. Images by Bob Campbell, and I think he did an excellent job.

1951sFranklinObv_017.jpg

1951sFranklinRev_008.jpg

Thank you guys! FWIW I'd grade it borderline 64-5 . If I slabbed it, it should FBL at PCGS and probably would at NGC. It cost me $30.

Tough to grade by images, but a solid ms64 with my best guess a 65. And the FBL is a shot in the dark at either grading service, both TPGs seem to be very inconsistent IMO.

Tough to grade by images, but a solid ms64 with my best guess a 65. And the FBL is a shot in the dark at either grading service, both TPGs seem to be very inconsistent IMO.

Actually, all TPGs are inconsistent with grading.