• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greysheet Help - Modern Commems

5 posts in this topic

I have some modern commems that I am going to put into our local coin club auction next month. I want to get a Greysheet so I have some kind of idea for an opening bid. I know modern commems are not listed every week so I need to know what week they are listed so I can time my purchase accordingly. Thank in advance for your help.

If you give us an idea of what they are, someone may be able to look them up for you. Are they graded? Unless they are 70's, you can pretty much count on them each being worth $15-$20 bucks, on a good day.

The modern commemorative page alternates from week to week with the BU Roll page. If you list the coins you want to sell I could give you some numbers. I'll warn you that dealers will not pay the amounts listed. Many dealers sell these coins at Gray Sheet pieces if the coins are raw. High grade slab coins get into the registry area, but even there, most of these coins are in high grades as a matter of course.

Thanks Bill. Every other week is what I needed to know. I am very aware that many of these sell for melt. But some like the Atlanta Olympics UNC sell for stupid money. I am selling these at a local coin club and just want to make sure I don't let those that sell at a premium go too cheap.