• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Locked out of live bidding in the Stacks auction - thanks alot!!!

2 posts in this topic

I collect HT's and Conders, a rare opportunity came along in the Stacks auction today for a special Conder, likely a once or so chance in my lifetime. I was the top bidder during the online session with several bid increments to spare, and today I logged into the live bidding with my cursor ready to click if anyone bid over. They did, I clicked and clicked and clicked on the bid button, yet the low bidder on the floor was announced to have won the specimen!!!!!! Just before my lot came up (about 6 lots before actually), the auctioneer said on the screen that the new Stack's live was not working well, and that everyone should switch back to the old version for best bidding. I quickly went to the old version which said for the requirements - PC only, NO MAC(!). Okay so I stuck on my Mac with the new version and that is what I got. I bid on time and their system did not work. This is unacceptable. If they don't have a system that works, don't provide access simple as that. Instead they provided the illusion of online live bidding and I am likely not the only one upset today. Had I known I could not bid live, I could have contacted a dealer in advance that was on the floor and had them bid for me.

Right after the live bid was not accepted into the system, I emailed Stacks and pointed out what happened. There is no way they can have me win the token, but I want them to make this good somehow. Later during the live bidding today, they listed on their website that the new live bid online version is locked out so dummies like me could not access it. So I will report back here what their solution is to my complaint about this.

This happened to be in the early days of Heritage live bidding a few years ago also. I contacted them and they ignored me, but now their system works perfectly and I have never had a problem with their live bidding online since. Every bid I have made with them works. But again at that time, I lost a once in a lifetime HT token. I have since found out that CRO won that bid, as they immediately put it up for sale in one of their adds for the periodicals. I found this out accidentally by perusing their add archives recently. They now have the same token of a lesser grade listed on their website several years later, but it is just not the same.

Alas.