• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The ANA Beginning

1 post in this topic

I went to Boston today to look at auction lots. If you are going to the auction or want to

view lots, you need to go to the Park Plaza hotel , not the castle as it states on the web sites.

Both companys, Bowers and Stacks were very helpful and accomodating at the viewing

At stacks, I sat next to a fellow who deals in British coins and is from Florida. We talked about a few

things and then found out we are both ex goalies (hockey). He was originally from Detriot, so we talked old time original 6

hockey.

I was not really impressed with much in either auction. I was looking for some WOW toned coins.

There are a few coins in each auction that I may chase for awhile, but not for long.

After the lot viewing I had the choice of going to two shows, The Baystate show which is a bi-annual show held each spring and fall,

I guess the fall is very early here in Boston. The other show held a block away, is in the castle, owned by the Park Plaza hotel

This show had more out of town dealers and was held by J J Teaparty. Most of the big guns were there, Ledgend, Heritage, NgC , PCGS

and many more. The attitude was very relaxed and laid back. Not a lot of action going on on the floor.

The other show at the Raddison had more action IMO, now some of this may have been related to the time of day. 12:00pm- 2:00 pm.

Kind of a weak report, but there was not a hell of alot going on. Playing 18 in the morning then going to the Auction, oh also got a call

from Irma Kane, we are doing a late lunch early dinner tomorrow, her invite. I'll report on the auction after tomorrow.