• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do not like the collection manager posted by Augustus

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

All gravy, no potatoes.

I have to say, I miss the old coin manager. It was organized, you could see all your coins and which sets they were competing in

Please bring back:

- The ability to search registered coins and add them to competitive sets.

- Allow us to click on the picture icons in the manager.

- Allow us to remove columns that clutter up the page, like purchase price, status and design description.

- Allow us to see which of our coins are in competitive sets and which are not.

- Allow us to click on the coin in the collection manager, like we can in the registry.

- Please bring back the old coin list manager, I really really dislike the new manager set up, and would like the option of managing my collection simply and in a timely manner.

Thank you, Augustus

See more journals by Augustus

• Administrator

Hi Augustus:

We do appreciate your feedback and we are committed to doing everything we can to make the Collection Manager the best tool to manage and showcase your collection. Period.

But some of the things that you're asking for already exist.

- The ability to search registered coins and add them to competitive sets.

Once coins are added to the collection manager they will automatically show AVAILABLE in your Competitive Sets. Just click the edit button next to the name of any set and select your coins from the AVAILABLE COINS button at the right of its slot.

- Allow us to click on the picture icons in the manager.

This feature is coming. For now you have two (pretty convient) options. You can click on the edit icon to the right of the coin -- the blue pen and paper -- and see the images there, or you can search for a coin using the filter at the top of the Collection Manager and hit the gallery tab to see images.

- Allow us to remove columns that clutter up the page, like purchase price, status and design description.

Easy. Hit customize columns at the top of the Collection Manager to add an remove columns. Watch the Understanding the Grid Control video to learn more about adjusting columns.

- Allow us to see which of our coins are in competitive sets and which are not.

Yeah, we should do this.

- Allow us to click on the coin in the collection manager, like we can in the registry.

Again, the best way to do this is to click on the edit tab. Yes, it is a different view, but there is so much more information about your coin available to you here.

If you really prefer the views from the Registry, you can click on Control Panel from the top menu and select any of your sets from that page really quickly.

- Please bring back the old coin list manager

Have you checked out the Reports feature under the My Collection menu? The coins list was just a list...it didn't really allow you to "manage" anything. But please let us know how you were using the coins list in case there is something that we overlooked.

I, for one, sincerely appreciate your patience as you poke around the site. In the long run, I honestly believe it will be faster and easier to use, and much more powerful. I also recognize that there is an adjustment period that has definitely been unpleasant for some users.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Scott