• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1934 Peace Dollar need opinions, please

14 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have 2 1934 peace dollars that I'm looking at and I'm having a hard time deciding which one has the best eye appeal/quality. Please let me know what you think? Thanks, Dan

102326.jpg.d4e9812d96adecc23d6f778da9656466.jpg

102327.jpg.18b75c3ac92a2ca2e7600234cd3a06a2.jpg

102328.jpg.5de773b5e2ff7e4f737002836c917a81.jpg

102329.jpg.c278e61be631706fe24b9ebe4778468a.jpg

102330.jpg.6d0a99f422735957418036f19e4de6ba.jpg

I don't like that brown stuff on the back of the PCGS coin. Looks like dip residue.

1934 is one of the well-produced issues in the series. It's pretty much hard to go wrong with a higher MS example of the date.

i like the obv of PCGS coin a little more than the obv of the ngc coin. But the brown hazing on the rev of the pcgs coin is pretty ugly, i would go with the ngc coin, besides it has the better holder :)

both are ms 64 and yes the pcgs coin might be ever so slightly better in strike and might be closer to ms 65

but both coins are solid ms 64

but the environmental damage on the pcgs coin precludes me even considering such a coin as it is a HUGE NEGATIVE

and it might even get worse!!

the ngc coin is again a nice ms 64 and with above average eye appeal

no brainer the ngc coin in my opinion

with the pcgs coin i dont know what is on the coin it could be good bad, neutral from a residue standpoint and it might?? get worse?????

after time hm

but the eye appeal is definately below average

as an added bonus

i like the crystal clear plastic on the ngc holder

and................

being able to see the rims to see if there are any huge marks or damage

Or, look for a better one? I too like the obverse of the PCGS coin. The NCG coin, to me, looks washed out, like it's been overdipped. It's a pretty common issue in the grade you're looking for, why not wait and get the right coin instead of rushing into a coin that you'll soon want to upgrade.

I agree with you, I like the N.G.C. Coin but only if the price is right, otherwise I will be patient and keep looking. Thank you for the taking the time to give me your opinion and advice. I really appreciate it! This forum is great! Sincerely, Dan

It's all on personal preference.

While the PCGS slabbed coin has some nice toning on it, the NGC coin has strong luster.

My personal choice is the PCGS because of the toning on it.