• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RE: What can we do? posted by davidk

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Agree and Disagree

Although I agree with the vast majority of what W.K.F. states in his post there are two points in which I tend to disagree a little bit. The first lies in that NGC only adds points for a coin registered in one or more sets just once. So, your point total for all sets is not affected by having the same coin in more than one set at all. The second is that I have trouble seeing the problem with someone protecting themselves from theft as well. The seller of a coin has a right to be paid before merchandise changes custody. A store will NOT give anybody their goods before being paid and neither should a coin seller period. Also a seller is ultimately responsible for a coin sold until it reaches its destination. I don't doubt for a minute that someone can register a purchased coin before receiving it and then claim they haven't received that coin. At that point its up @#$% creek without a paddle for the seller huh. I think the point of transfer of ownership is one that needs to be in a ad before the sell. My bottom line is that I also know there are dishonest "people" out there and the seller also needs to protect themselves somehow. My question is how does the seller say on Ebay protect themselves from paying someone who is dihonest to take their stuff from them without some prtection from the registry.

I know what some will say and believe me if I've sold it I relese it as soon as the post office confirms delivery. I do not hold on to vast sets just to make points or anger people at all. If you look at my sets only three are in the top ten and I paid every pretty penny to get those coins. If you don't believe it I welcome the challenge as I still have receipts for most of them and others were from Ebay, I also had most of them graded myself.

7603.JPG

See more journals by davidk