• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More problems with site upgrade??? posted by 9sec93lx

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

All columns not working right.

I'm generally pleased with the site upgrade... However, I added the mintmark and composition columns to my collection manager. The mintmark column has ALL (both) the info in it. Mintmarks and composition are all in the mintmark column. My eagles don't show the mintmark, they all just say EAGLE?? The composition column is all blank, there is no way to put any info in this column anywhere that I can find??? Some of the mintmark columns have the mintmark, other columns have the composition listed?? Is it just me or has anyone else tried these 2 column listings?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Tommy

See more journals by 9sec93lx

• Administrator

Unfortunately this isn't a bug. The word EAGLE actually resides in the mintmark field for this issue. The mintmark appears in the date field, just after the year. This inconsistency is part of an inherited data model that was in place in the coin industry when NGC first began grading in July, 1987.

We are very aware of it and we are also very keen to correct it. Because of the size of the project and the number of areas affected, modifications to this data fell well outside the scope of the Collectors Society redesign. Fortunately, there is strong interest among a number of numismatic companies including especially NGC to normalize coin description information which will definitely address quirky things like this.