• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I didn't give Shane a chance.......

50 posts in this topic

Shane, your picture skills are getting insane! Including the colors! What's your setup again? Please tell!

Nikon D5000 DLR with a sigma 150mm macro lens. I use 3 gooseneck lamps with GE reveal bulbs and I did spring for a promaster copy stand....so yes my point and click camera is gone and I upgraded in a big way...thanks for the compliment (worship)

While my camera setup is no where near on the level as yours, i also use the reveal bulbs and they are excellent!!!

I use 3 50w Halogen floodlamps. They work quite well to make the color "pop".

1885O_6549%20Rev.JPG

Hey who you callin short :slapfight: I am 5 '7 and I will have you know I am a giant when I run with the pigmy tribes in South America :acclaim:

5' 7" is pretty tall........for a wife! I'll call you sometime, big boy. ;)

Hey who you callin short :slapfight: I am 5 '7 and I will have you know I am a giant when I run with the pigmy tribes in South America :acclaim:

Smooch __LOV4.gif

Oh, those ex-navy guys!! Oh wait, I resemble that remark! lol... how you been Vic!

Chris, Shane and the Board

This has to be one of the best post I have seen in quite sometime. :applause:

A great story (and deal) beween two members (and friends), some fantastic photo's (I still like that textiled 83 and the added photo relating to things being short), and the tremendous responses from board regulars and many old timers I haven't seen post in awhile.

It's been a blast reading the story behind the story. It doesn't get much better than this. A great post to all. (worship)

Chet

A great story (and deal) beween two members (and friends), some fantastic photo's (I still like that textiled 83 and the added photo relating to things being short), and the tremendous responses from board regulars and many old timers I haven't seen post in awhile.

It's been a blast reading the story behind the story. It doesn't get much better than this. A great post to all. (worship)

Chet

In that case......I am breaking up with Chris...he is too high maintenance for me :sorry:

Chet

In that case......I am breaking up with Chris...he is too high maintenance for me :sorry:

If that's the way it's going to be, I want the 5ct Rose diamond ring back!

Chris

Chet

If that's the way it's going to be, I want the 5ct Rose diamond ring back!

Chris

Coin tease :censored:

I got the Morgans from Shane this morning, and as usual, I was not disappointed at all.

As a matter of fact, there was a bonus surprise that came with them. It turns out that the 1883-O is the VAM-4 O/O (Strong) Top 100, but it was unattributed by NGC. It's not unusual to have this happen because many times the original submitters don't check the box for the variety service especially when it is a toner as lovely as this one.

Score one more for me!

Chris

102281.jpg.76841adfe7b17e1118657a7b344679e1.jpg

Dang it...I search every coin that comes in the door and the one time I don't because some pesky Morgan collector called me begging for coins .....he gets a top 100 :cry:

lol lol lol lol

Dang it...I search every coin that comes in the door and the one time I don't because some pesky Morgan collector called me begging for coins .....he gets a top 100 :cry:

lol lol lol lol

Sucker!!

lol lol lol lol

Just because I was on my hands and knees begging is no reason to call me pesky.

Chris

Well at least if I am going to drop the ball when selling Morgans without checking the vams at least the coin went to a collector who appreciates such things :applause:

The one thing that I neglected to mention is that Shane's photos were "spot on" for color accuracy. (thumbs u

Chris

Taking another look at the coin image, I'm intrigued by the toning on the '83-O. Given the textile it's pretty obvious it's bag toned, but some of the toning is linear enough that it also has an EOR look to it.

Great looking toners Chris, Shane's toners are always top notch. He has a good eye for finding those great lookers. Being short does have its advantages. :whee:

ATT00001.jpg

(worship)

Yep! That kid is developing a good eye, too!

Also, unless I'm mistaken, I think the kid in the image is checking out the textile toning...