• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photos intermittently display an incorrect aspect ratio (squashed)

6 posts in this topic

Ever since the upgrade I am intermittently having problems adding photos to sets. The photos load normally but when enlarged display an incorrect aspect ratio (squashed).

Here is what a normal photo should look like enlarged in Gallery view:

normalphoto.jpg

Here is a "squashed" photo enlarged in Gallery view:

squashedphoto.jpg

And here is one normal and one squashed photo side by side:

squashedphoto-2.jpg

It's not a conspiracy, it happens with both NGC and PCGS coins. :grin:

All photos are legal size (<120K) and in JPEG format. I have never had problems with my pictures in the past. The issue is intermittent, as one in five will display normally.

Overall I like the new Registry software very much and hope this is a temporary problem that can be sorted out. It’s driving me nuts!

• Administrator

We will check it out. Thanks for the heads-up! Glad you like it over all.

My photos are still either squashed or small about 75% of the time when enlarged.

Am I the only one having this problem?

I am running IE-8... :whistle:

• Administrator

Hi HiHoAudio:

I personally am not able to replicate this issue and it may be related to how the image was stored in your browser cache. We are investigating it and will advise ASAP.

Regards,

Scott

102176.jpg.9f86d446d8df96e698ac36b9f0610be0.jpg

102177.jpg.6a63bb17966ca729f521c1b5ec303b50.jpg

I worked on three coins today (on my home computer) and all six photos loaded and displayed normally. I was satisfied that whatever problem I was experiencing had been corrected. I was a happy camper.

I checked them half an hour ago here at work and here's what I found...

Squashed1805.jpg

Even worse four of the photos loaded earlier today have completely vanished and now all I have is IMAGE NOT AVAILABLE.

As seen here.....

Missing1801.jpg

There was a photo there this morning. Honest.

I reloaded the missing photos yesterday morning with no problems and they are still all good.

Also I am beginning to understand and appreciate the new Collection Manager. "Bulk coin import" is amazing and works perfectly.