• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ADDITIONS TO PCGS PLUS(+) GRADE SERVICES

6 posts in this topic

Dear PCGS Authorized Dealers & Collector Club Members,

The introduction of PCGS Secure Plus just over 120 days ago has dramatically changed the grading landscape. Since our announcement we have received suggestions from many of you telling us what changes you would like see in both Secure Plus and Standard grading services. As part of our continuing effort to align our interests with yours we have made some enhancements to both services.

Effective August 1, 2010, PCGS will begin offering Plus(+) grades for Standard submissions in the Regular, Express and Walkthrough service levels. Also, PCGS will begin offering Plus(+) grades for Bulk submissions of Morgan and Peace dollars as well as in Large Gold and Small Gold Express services. These service enhancements will be done at no additional charge.

At shows, starting with the pre-ANA show, PCGS will be offering Plus(+) grades on Standard Show Express, Show Economy and Show Gold. Again, there will be no additional charge.

You need do nothing different to take advantage of these changes. Simply complete your Standard submission form as always and your coins will be eligible for Plus(+) grading.

Also effective August 1, 2010 PCGS will begin offering Secure Plus for Regular service level submissions. This will be at an additional $15 over Standard Regular service level pricing. A new Secure Plus submission form will be available in Boston and can be shipped to you at your request.

There are no other changes planned at this time.

Secure Plus has added tremendous value to the market place and will continue to do so with the introduction of the PCGS Coin Sniffer later this fall. As the World's leading grading service, PCGS is committed to offering the most complete grading options that address your needs.

Thanks for your support.

Sincerely,

Donald E. Willis, Jr.

President, Professional Coin Grading Service

So, if I understand it correctly, they are following NGC and now including the + as a standard grade feature for no additional charge. If you want the scanning whizjob, you just pay $15 extra? Seems like this is the model they should have adopted in the first place.

Wow. Gee. Yippee.

All the gimmicks and "dramatic changes to the grading landscape" really get on my nerves after a while.

I really wish the grading services would stick to keeping it simple.

So, if I understand it correctly, they are following NGC and now including the + as a standard grade feature for no additional charge. If you want the scanning whizjob, you just pay $15 extra? Seems like this is the model they should have adopted in the first place.

(thumbs u :applause: (thumbs u

Wow. Gee. Yippee.

All the gimmicks and "dramatic changes to the grading landscape" really get on my nerves after a while.

I really wish the grading services would stick to keeping it simple.

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u