• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Double Die coin submission

2 posts in this topic

I'm just filling out my first submission for coins and came up with a question. Two of the coins I'm sending are double die (not strike). If nothing is checked in the Variety column will they be noted on the holder as double die? If not, then I'd guess either Variety Plus or Mint Error needs to be checked, but which one? For Variety I think of Morgan and Peace VAMS, die varietys. For Errors I can think of a lot of different things.I can see double dies fitting in either category.

As long as I'm figuring this column out; say I was sending $1 gold coins. Would Variety Plus need to be checked for the holder to say Type1, Type 2, or Type 3?

Weg,

For a doubled die that is not a major "standard" doubled die like a 1955 Lincoln Cent or 1972 Lincoln Cent, then checking off Variety Plus is the way to proceed. We will confirm and list the doubled die so long as it is in our roster of approved varieties.

Rick Montgomery