• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submitting Coins for Grading posted by Jerry Saville

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

It just never occurred to me!

I love to search coins. I try to get my stock locally, but we only receive Denver coins (ancillary information; I did find two rolls of 2009-D nickles the other day at my local 7-11. Be nice to those people and they will hook you up!). I use eBay mostly to get my Philadelphia coins and have had pretty good luck getting them relatively cheap. Go with the Brinks-wrapped (shrink-wrapped) rolls and they will almost give them to you.

My point is that I look for errors and Doubled Dies. It never occurred to me (till now, that is) to watch for high-quality coins. It looks like I need to upgrade my NGC account so I can start submitting coins instead of shelling out big bucks for them. After searching literally thousands of Lincoln pennies I should be pretty good at picking out an MS67 or higher business strike. Don't be too hard on me. I tend to be hyper-focused to the exclusion of all else.

Wish me luck!

See more journals by Jerry Saville