• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANA @ Boston

2 posts in this topic

I currently don't have a membership, but I am interested, can I sign up for this at the show? Do I get the coupon for 5 gradings? I see you are doing grading at the show, if I get the coupon can I use it at the show?

Here is a short list of coins I would like graded:

2007, 2008, 2009 proof gold buffalo

2007 platinum 10th anniversary

can I use coupon for these?

if not what would the grading costs be for these?

Thank you!

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Yes, you can certainly sign up for the Collectors Society during the ANA convention. Your membership will become effective immediately upon payment, so you can also submit coins then and there, as well as use your coupon for five free Early Bird grades.

The coins you listed would typically be graded under the Modern Tier, which is the most cost effective means of grading USA coins dated 1955 and later. This, however, requires a five-coin minimum submission. If you want to use your coupon for grading these, you certainly may, but you should try to come up with a fifth coin. There is no minimum number for the Early Bird tier, but your coupon is a one-time-only usage, so you'd be losing one of your free grades by submitting just four coins at the show.