• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Everyday Occurances that Link or Hobby

8 posts in this topic

vbsfloat025.jpg

Even in everyday life, things around you remind you of Numismatics...I saw this Saturday morning at the Adams County Fair Fest parade in Hastings, Nebraska, home of Kool-Aid.

What does Kool-Aid have to do with numismatics? It's made of water which has absolutely no nutritional value , with a little color added to fool everyone and is loaded with a sweetener to make those who buy it happy.

Chris

Rest assured, I was the only person on the parade route who connected numismatically with this character.

Sad huh?

What does Kool-Aid have to do with numismatics? It's made of water which has absolutely no nutritional value , with a little color added to fool everyone and is loaded with a sweetener to make those who buy it happy.

Chris

Diehard PCGS members are referred to as Kool-Aid drinkers. I don't know how that got started.

Chris

Diehard PCGS members are referred to as Kool-Aid drinkers. I don't know how that got started.

I was just being sarcastic, hence, the reason for the selected words in bold type.

Chris

Chris

Google "Jim Jones" and "Peoples Temple". Jones ran a cult and when the government started to investigate them, Jones ordered the mass suicide of his followers. Almost all of them lined up to drink from a vat of a Koolaid like drink laced with poison. Several hundred people including children and babys died a very painful death. After that, the term "Koolaid drinker" was used to describe anyone who blindly follows a cult leader.