• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab-Renew posted by davidk

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Who Knew?

learned a lesson today that I really was surprised to find out. I was polishing one of my NGC certified slabbed coins and low and behold Slab Renew removes the Hologram from the slab. Yes part of the hologram on my 20th Anniversary PF70 Silver Eagle is gone along with some of the scratches. So to all who use slab renew DO NOT get it on the hologram or it will not be there long.

See more journals by davidk

I suggest you relax your fingers regarding cleaning anything re: coins. If I bought a coin, slabbed, and obviously okay [coin-wise] a scratched slab would not deter me. First of all, NGC only charges $5 for re-slabbing, and 2nd I get slabbed coins back from NGC which look like they took my coins and gave me stuffed fish out of inventory like the taxidermy man. I know that is not the case, but I sure wonder which kitchen sink NGC keeps them in. lol.

I would not let it throw you if a slab is not in pristine order, leave it alone I suggest or sent it back to NGC and request white glove treatment.

Capt Brian

The Lost Navigator

CaptBrian1