• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SBA SET!!! WOWOWOW!!! TONERS!!

10 posts in this topic

Just seemed like the other day I pulled out this set and all the coins looked normal... Well Today I go to pull it out and monster toning and taken place.... WOWOW!!! Especially on the proof coins in this set.... Here is a link to the pics... Enjoy.... SBA TONERS!!!!!!

You know I was looking on ebay as for some kind of price range for something like this... but I could not even find find one coin that had even the slightest toning... is that becuase the series is so new nothing has really has had time to tone or is this going to be one of those series that just does not tone will at all? And I think the coins look better in person but it so hard to capture the color in the pics .. but I think that the last picture is a pretty close representation... I also think that it is neat how they have the same toning pattern.. they looked like they could be a matched pair.... and the 3rd one in that row could be a brother... I just think that the colors are pretty attractive as well.... Blue to Purple to red to Orange and then ito a golden yellow... just looks so pretty and the Eye appeal is definatly there... Thx Chin for the good word.

After looking at the NGC pop guides for the SBA Series I see that are no coins graded with a star desination not a single one for 1979 S, 1980 S, and 1981 S in any grade.... I would think all 3 of the proof coins would get a star desination and make each of them a Pop 1 coin... Think I should submit them and try for a star on them?

Capital Plastics in Ohio makes the holders. My SBA Proofs are starting to tone on the periphery as well, but I am not sure that the Capital holder did it.

My SBA's are toned similarly to yours (blue periphery, gold center toning), but most of the toning is a result of being stored in a Whitman folder for 15 years prior to being put into a Captial holder..

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Bruceswar,

NGC does not apply the star designation to any coins dated 1979 and later. The SBA series just missed the cutoff point. frown.gif