• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonder when the TPG's will introduce this....

16 posts in this topic

How about registry sets with:

PCGS OGH "rattlers" only.

NGC Fatty holders only.

ANACS old small holders only.

Now THAT would be interesting, and cause a run on the older holders.

NGC would never do this.

Anacs doesn't have a registry.

I'm surprised PCGS hasn't already.

Seriously though, I know a couple of people who are doing sets composed entirely of old holders. One of the most interesting is the ANACS photocertificate Type set.

The ability to construct Signature Sets would allow at least the NGC and PCGS variations to be started and displayed.

Hmmm, maybe I am on to something.

I see no reason why a private "club" or organization can not promote a "small ANACS holder" registry or the like.

Or for that reason, any other such deviation of TPG collections.

I have been working a Jefferson War Nickel set in all of the old fatties only 2 coins left!!

sig.jpg

Jaime,

Let me know if you are interested.

JeffersonNickel1945-SNGCMS675034-2.jpg

It will never happen. The TPG promote the fact that the grading is consistent regardless of when the coin was slabbed. In fact, the PCGS Dealer Agreement states that you cannot refer to certain types of slabs as being more strictly graded than others.

I don't have a PCGS dealer agreement, and for that matter I have no agreement with any TPG.

How about registry sets with:

PCGS OGH "rattlers" only.

NGC Fatty holders only.

ANACS old small holders only.

i think this is a great idea!! and adds more flavor to the mix

It will never happen. The TPG promote the fact that the grading is consistent regardless of when the coin was slabbed. In fact, the PCGS Dealer Agreement states that you cannot refer to certain types of slabs as being more strictly graded than others.

...greatest reason why it wouldn't happen. :popcorn:

If I start buying coins because of the generation of the holder, please tell me that I"ve lost it. :insane:

I'm one of those guys who can remember the look of coin, but can forget the brand of the slab that houses it, let alone the age of the holder. About the only thing I think of when I see a very old NGC or PCGS holder is, "Hey, perhaps the coin is very conservatively graded!" BUT you can't take that to the bank. Over graded coins can crop up in any holder.

I have an idea! How about a registry only for certified coins that are properly graded?

a nice thought.......................................as grading is a changeable art based on many factors and not an exact science

but based on both the ngc and pcgs registries

the ngc registry has MORE properly graded coins with NO quota system influences

I have an idea! How about a registry only for certified coins that are properly graded?

Do mean only CAC approved coins? :devil:

...yeah, what about the CAC coins? good question perry. :popcorn:

Do mean only CAC approved coins? :devil:

...yeah, what about the CAC coins? good question perry. :popcorn:

There's no reason that CAC shouldn't offer some kind of registry to help them market their product.