• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Minimum age requirement?

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if there is a minimum age required to be a paid member of NGC? I know that I could "Ask NGC" but sometimes their responses take a while.

Chris

Does anyone know if there is a minimum age required to be a paid member of NGC? I know that I could "Ask NGC" but sometimes their responses take a while.

I believe you have to be as old as the oldest coin in your collection. Chris, I think that 1881-S Morgan dollar qualifies you :) .

Well, I guess I deserve that considering all of the wisecracks I've made these last 5-1/2 years.

Seriously, though, there is a young lad on another forum who asked me, and I don't know. He won't be 16 until the end of the year, and he wants to join NGC.

Chris

• Administrator

Hey Chris!

We have an age minimum of 13 to join the Collectors Society and the age minimum for use of the message boards is 16.

Thanks, Dena!

Is it too early to ask about the invitations for the NGC Luncheon at FUN 2011? :roflmao:

As always, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Chris

id think that if i can pierce a 14yr old with parental consent,then they should be able to be a member of a numismatic group.

id think that if i can pierce a 14yr old with parental consent,then they should be able to be a member of a numismatic group.

Uh huh, and how is NGC going to know if they've done all of their homework, first?

Chris

We have an age minimum of 13 to join the Collectors Society and the age minimum for use of the message boards is 16.

I assume this is a joke because I can't see them taking money from a 13 year old to be a paid member and then refusing to allow him to use the message board.. And I am sure we have people younger than 16 using the boards. (I also can't see allowing 13 year olds to become paid members wthout parental responsibility agreement because they can't be held to legal contracts at that age.)

Chris, you've got socks old enough to join NGC. ;)

Ah! The Joy of Socks!

Anybody remember Dr. Alex Comfort?

Chris