• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry Slots Without Points--Why?

1 post in this topic

I collect colonials and have started my registry set. Recently added a ND (1795) Washington Liberty & Security Penny with Asylum Edge. There's a slot for the coin, but no point values. I noticed that for the more than 300 potential coins in the colonial set, there are around 10 with no point values--some are exceeedingly rare, but others are just another available variety. Why have a slot without an associated pioint values? Seems odd to me.

While I'm on the subject of colonial coins its registry set, why no Spanish milled dollars? These coins are almost universally included in any history of the early colonies and may have been the source for the silver used by Massachusetts to mint the New England and Willow, Oak, and Pine Tree coins.

That's all on colonial coins for now. Next time I'll move n to ealry US mint issues.

Thaks for reading and I look forward to seeing what others think.