• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, I have decided to cut back my collecting.

4 posts in this topic

And part of that is liquidating some of the ancillary sets that are more of a distraction than a love (that means the merc, walker, lib nickel, IHC and Morgan sets I've been working on). These are mostly circulated sets, nothing special, and my plan was to offer them individually on the boards first, and then on eBay. Now for the smaller coins, cents-halves, I was planning on just selling whatever is left as a parial set on eBay. For the Morgans, I was going to sell the key dates and BU coins separately and the remaining common date circulated coins as a partial set. Does that make sense? Do you have any other suggestions for selling these?

I've done a similar thing. The "ancillary" type of thing was exactly how I looked at it.

I sold some gold pieces on Ebay: Quarter Eagles and a 23-D Saint I had. Gold was up so it did pretty good.

I sold some Mercs on the boards directly. That worked out also.

Do you have any raw? I've wondered that myself as I have some Jeffersons and Rooseys I'd like to sell but don't want to send them in for grading. I hate dumping money to the TPG's....

Advertise on the coin market boards both at PCGS and NGC. Maybe that'll help...

jom

Jeff, I would very much appreciate knowing what you have in the way of FS raw Jeffersons that you think you might wish to sell. Please PM me if yes.

Thanks!!

David