• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow! What A Week Since Last Thursday!!! posted by Bammer

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Lighting is KEY!

A week sure has made a difference for me. Last Thursday I sent 2 5-coin submissions for grading. The only bad thing is NGC hasn't received them yet, our local postmaster told me Friday that the Chicago registered mail office (facility?) is moving, and that's where he thinks the package is. Let's hope he's right, as (of course as my luck would have it) this submission is most valuable. Then on Monday, I sent a 13 coin submission which NGC has in the "Received" status. I'll try to keep everyone informed of what's happening with these submissions, and please keep your fingers crossed that the submission in Chicago gets to NGC SOON!!

I've also received several purchases the past week. Nothing too major, but still they fill some slots. I do have 2 Franklin FBL's on my watchlist at David Lawrence, they're in the upcoming Thursday auction. As usual, I have several coins on my Teletrade watch lists. Again, nothing too major, but these will fill several slots.

As I mentioned in my last entry, my major purchasing focus is on 2 items in the upcoming (Tuesday the 29th) auction at Stack's. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to take a vacation day that day as I would like to do, so I'll be figuring out maximum bids high enough so I can win the auctions. Please wish me luck!!

As for my pictures, LIGHTING IS KEY!!!!!!!!! I've finally hit on the (more or less) correct combination of lights. 2 lights, positioned at 10 and 2 o'clock gives excellent coverage. I have noticed a few coins where I'll either be adjusting the position or adding a third light, but I can't describe the feeling of finally figuring out how to get good pictures. I'm attaching the obverse of my 1902-O Morgan dollar. It's a nice, lustrous coin and I"m really happy with the result.

Thanks for reading.

7488.JPG

See more journals by Bammer