• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now on eBay NIKON SMZ-800 MICROSCOPE & SCHOTT-FOSTEC FIBER OPTIC LIGHT SOURCE

3 posts in this topic

This is now on eBay, but I will end the listing and gladly accept what I've asked below from a board member here. The original ask for shipping was a typing error that initially got transposed to eBay but is corrected now.

Hi All - This is a rare offering, as I don't have but one of these units laying around! This set-up is a Nikon SMZ-800 dissecting microscope with 1x-6.3x zoom (see specs below) and a Schott-Fostec dual fiber optic light source. New, the microscope is $3900 and the light source with dual fiber optics is $500. I'm giving up the two of them, in like-new condition, for $2700 (check/money order) or $2785 PayPal plus $19.95 shipping via FedEx or UPS. I'm happy to send photos upon request. This is an amazing and versatile set-up. I do not have the photo tube for this microscope but it accepts a variety of photo tubes that are available from Nikon distributors. The photo tubes, as i recall, are not terribly expensive. This microscope is phenomenal for getting up-close and personal with coins, insects, or whatever turns your crank! Hoot

Key Features: Microscope

Zoom Ratio

6.3:1 Zoom Ratio. The parallel optical system of the SMZ800 has a 6.3:1 zoom ratio with clickstops at intervals from 1x through 6x. It features a zoom range of 1x to 6.3x and total magnification with 10x objective eyepieces (included) is 10x through 63x.

Versatility

With a diverse selection of body tubes, stands, lighting techniques and Nikon's world-renowned optics, this modular microscope can be configured to fit nearly any application.

Three Binocular Eyepiece Tubes

The SMZ-800 features a standard binocular eyepiece tube with a 20° angle of inclination, allowing observation without leaning forward and straining the neck and shoulders. The low-eye level binocular tube allows a comfortable posture.

Optics

The objectives included are 10x achromatic. For this microscope, eight objectives are available in both achromat to APO chromats and a 1X ERGO focusing objective.

Stands

The flat plane stand features a white stage that is reversible to black so that optimal contrast is available.

Photographic Capability

This set-up does not come with a photo tube, however, with a wide variety of available accessories from Nikon suppliers, the SMZ800 compatible with a variety of photographic systems: 35mm, Polaroid or digital still pictures, as well as analog or digital video systems.

Specifications

• Optical System:

Parallel optical zoom system.

• Zoom Range:

1x to 6.3x

• Zoom Ratio:

6.3:1

• Total Magnification:

5x to 378x depending on eyepiece and objective used (available from Nikon suppliers as accessories). This unit comes with 10x objectives only.

• Distance between Optical Axes:

22mm

• Zooming Knob:

Coaxial control knobs on both sides, with clickstops (on/off), magnification indicated.

• Aperture Diaphragm:

Optionally available from Nikon suppliers; does not come with this unit.

• Accepts the following objective lenses:

P-Achro 0.5x, P-Plan 1x, P-ERG Plan 1x ERGO, P-Plan Apo 0.5x, ED Plan 0.75x, P-Plan Apo 1x, P-ED Plan 1.5x, P-ED Plan 2x.

• Objective Mounting:

Screw Mounting to Zoom Body: M58 x 1.25 internal diameter to accept accessories: M55 x 0.75 external diameter: diameter 60mm.

• Eyepiece Tubes:

Binocular Eyepiece Tube, 20 degree Inclination, Interpupilary Distance: 48-75mm.

• Eyepiece Tubes:

Low eyelevel eyepiece tube, 20 degree Inclination, interpupilary distance: 48-75mm.

• Eyepiece Tubes:

Binocular eyepiece tube, 0 - 30 degrees Inclination, Interpupilary Distance: 48-75mm.

• Eyepiece Tube Mounting:

54mm diameter; 60 degree round dovetail.

• Eyepieces with Diopter Adjustment:

C-W 10x (F.N. 22); C-W 15x (F.N.16); C-W 20x (F.N. 12.5); C-W 30x (F.N. 7)

• Stand:

C-PS Plain Focusing Stand with bright white and matte black reversible stage. Many other options available from Nikon suppliers.

• Beamsplitters and Teaching Bridges available from Nikon suppliers; none included with this unit.

Key Features: Illumination

Illumination

The Schott-Fostec light source is a 12V/150W halogen dual fiber optic light source that offers bright illumination bidirectionally with flexible chrome-plated fiber optic tubes for unlimited lighting angle potential. The light source features a solid state dimmer control with a quiet rear-fan exhaust and automatic thermal shut-down.

This illumination unit has a cosmetic mark on the front in the lower right face. This is no way affects the function of the unit.

Switched to eBay...

As mentioned above: This is now on eBay, but I will end the listing and gladly accept what I've asked below from a board member here. The original ask for shipping was a typing error that initially got transposed to eBay but is corrected now.