• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need some pix for article on circulating foreign coins in U.S. (pre-1858)

2 posts in this topic

I'm writing an article for a couple of publications (one is for internal use at a financial firm and the other hopefully will be a numismatic periodical) about the foreign coins that actively circulated in the U.S. up until the late 1850's. I need pictures (must be of high quality, no holder marks, 600 dpi if possible) of various coins. Ones that I'm hoping to get are different Reale denominations (1, 2, 4, 8) of various Spanish/Latin American countries, Escudos, Reis, 5 Francs (especially this one!), Pounds, Guineas, etc. Silver and Gold

If you happen to have pictures of pieces of eight where the coin was cut into smaller denominations, that would be great.

Of course, I can only pick a limited number of pictures. However, depending on the quantity and quality of the photos, I might create some sort of montage from them.

Please provide the name/alias for which you wish to be given credit.

Please either reply to this thread with the photos or PM me with them.

Thanks!