• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unavoidable coins... posted by James_ny1

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

For some reason, I have to have "her"

I recently commented on a new members journal about being a "newbie". I gave him some friendly advice to try and collect something that inspires you and not to go after everything under the sun, even if it as a good price. I have been doing good lately and have decide to only purchase MS 70 and PF 70 UC, specifically Silver coins. One of my purchases was my 1st gold piece, 2006 W 1/10 $5 Eagle, MS 70 (see pic). Then I did something that goes against what I told him...I purchased a 1883 NC Liberty Nickel, MS 64 for about $25.00. I have every Liberty Nickel made ungraded (except the 1913...anyone got one?? lol) and there is something about that coin that I cannot explain...whenever I'm out looking at coins I will look for "V" nickels 1st, I don't know why...I am mesmerized by them and have to have them. After my advice to him, I realized I may be the one going broke 1st!!! Happy Collecting to all!!

7436.jpg

See more journals by James_ny1