• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"BRITANNIA" posted by Clay

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Returns back from NGC.

The Great Britain series of BRITANNIA Silver 2 Pounds coins are currently my favorite.

Unlike the American Silver Eagle, the design on the Britannia changes each year. I wonder if the design change, is why it's hard to get great grades in both Proof and MS?

One on the things I like about the Proof Britannia it is a limited series. Now if NGC would provide a slot for the smaller demontaions. A 20Pence, a 50Pence and a 1Pound are also put out in Proof.

7432.JPG

See more journals by Clay

When it comes to me and Britannia's you're preaching to the choir. For all the reasons you state and more is why I like Britannia's. The mintage's on the MS coins is capped at 100,000 annually, making them far more scarce than SAE's. The fact that they are hard to collect in MS-69 means that when you can assemble a collection of 69's you're really saying something. Of 13 issues of Britannia's I have 4 remaining to acquire in MS-69.

Gary