• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When do you release a coin from your Registry inventory? posted by CBC

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Once again.....

I tried to add my latest acquisition to my Registry set, and received the dreaded "registered to another user" message. The last time this happened it took about a month to get the coin released.

I bought this coin through a Heritage auction. I recently dropped to #11 on the Walking Liberty list; I'll never get to #1 (or even #8) but I'm trying to get back into the Top Ten.

7428.jpg

See more journals by CBC

I don't release mine until I receive the request from NGC. This is a way to guarantee that the coin has been delivered to the new owner. Some low lifes will try and run a scam about not receiving their coin but will try and register it anyway. I respond immediately upon a request from NGC so I consider it a form of insurance. Not a biggie as far as I am concerned. BTW that is a nice Walker :cool:

Good point about making sure the coin has been delivered and the cert number isn't being "hijacked". Thanks for the response.

This kind of bugs me too. I release mine the moment the coin in my registry is upgraded or the moment I put a coin up for sale.

Gary

I recently purchased a 1882 O/S Morgan on Ebay. It has a Registry value of 990 points. They are very hard to find expecially in MS condition. When I put the coin in the Registry I got the messge that somebody else had it in their Registry and it was not the Seller.

If you bid on the coin that has been there for a week and then you win the bidding and there is a few days to send it to you and NGC allows them in many cases a week to respond then you have waited more than two weeks for the time it was offered for sale.To be fair there are many who will release it from their Registry upon notification,however, this means that if the buyer does not register it that the original holder can keep it in his/her Registry ,forever even though they dont own the coin.

I always take my coin out of the Registry if I send it for Auction etc,

As soon as the coin is paid for I remove the coin from my registry.

I once put a coin on ebay and it still had 4 days before the auction ended but I had got 4 requests to remove the coin from my registry.