• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you want to see one hell of a Merc ?

6 posts in this topic

This is just one pretty 1926D Merc Dime. Not exactly a rare date but somewhat rare to find well struck on both the obverse and reverse. This date usually has severe fade toward the rims in the lettering and/or weak detail is found on the central reverse section of the coin.

The coin is in a NGC MS65 slab and has Full Bands but a hit right in the middle of the center band takes the coin out of the FB designation. Some very minor weakness can be seen on a couple of the letters on the rim also.

Forumn member "jom" was kind enough to sell this coin to me for my collection. A somewhat lousy picture is attached.

Ken

402469-26D.jpg.4e1bf06f696e310eda4cbe095ee21044.jpg

That "somewhat lousy" picture was better than any I took. And that just pisses me off... mad.gif

That damn coin irritated me no end when I'd try to shoot it. If it wasn't the "white" background of the NGC slab it was not being able to get the color right. Good riddence... 893whatthe.gif

laugh.gif

History of coin:

jom buys from Jack Beymer 9/93

Fairlane buys from jom 2/04

jom

I have the History recorded and will remember it for sure.

Heh...considering my "financial" stake in it I won't forget it for some time either. 27_laughing.gif

jom