• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

61 Roosie toner, AT or NT???

9 posts in this topic

Found this one in a album at the El Paso Coin show......

Think it will get graded?

The Obverse is a Teal kinda of color with strong luster underneath..

61r-1.jpg

The Reverse has spots of strong Blue and Purple, also with strong luster..

61r-2.jpg

AT frown.gif

TRUTH

Really? With one-sided color, I would think it is possibly NT. I know the colors aren't exactly "right" but given the circumstance (found in an album) and the denomination/date, I would think it could be real.

The obverse is non uniform sea green blue with purple speckles, the reverse is blue and violet. These colors come up when the coin is face down on the heating element and the reverse is upside. Now, if the obverse were made white with jeweluster, then the coin would have a more 'real' look.

Attached is a Washington Carver that has tab toning. The lower border is deep blue mixed with sea green. The above border has golden tone. The centers WERE blue and violet, but were dipped to give the tab tone effect. This is an educational coin. Again, beware of blue, violet, and gold next to each other. Usually, this is a red flag.

TRUTH

402146-Atwc.jpg.a2b236b19afa3cdc6e9be7e1d509ee29.jpg

Here is another coin that is similiar to this one in question.

I also found this GEM in album...

it has a non-uniform purple violet toned Obverse:

62r-1.jpg

The Reverse has the same blue/violet color, with strong luster like the 61.

62r-2.jpg

62r-3.jpg

This 62p wound up going into a PCGs MS67FB holder..

I'm going to submit that 61d in question, I have to, and I know fully well

it might get bag'd, but, it may get holdered also, it is a pretty coin.

This one is more plausible. The obverse has those tiny white dots scattered throughout the coin. Those white dots were tiny bits of dansco, wayte raymond or mint set holder paper bits that rested on the coin and interfered with the toning. Light white spots are a good sign, dark spots are a bad sign.

TRUTH

Luce:

That's real toning - I have several that look like that in my registry set. Either album or endroll tone - either way sulphur from paper is the culprit - great looking coin!

They probably came from a green Mehgrig album

paper back and one sided slide

the mottled color on obverse was placed down against the green paper

the neat color - half moon - was a result of being in the upper right position of the album with 2 sides of the cardboard exposed to air

I like them

your 61-D doesn't look like enough luster to score 66