• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who got something good at Long Beach?

19 posts in this topic

Well, I wanted to.... I had been watching this auction for a month, and was the high bidder up until the action started. I was watching Heritage's live streaming online auction (which I love!!) and the auctioneer called out my lot. Someone else bid on it, so I raised him. He came back, and I raised him again. The auctioneer called the lot closed, and I thought I had won it - but at the very last second he came over the top of me again, and I just couldn't go any higher. Alas, but I had a good bit of excitement - whenever I bid on an auction, my adrenaline starts pumping, I start getting excited. The rush of buying the coin is a great thrill! Here is the beauty that I was bidding on, NGC MS-64 DPL: http://coins.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=1140&Lot_No=1509&Lot_Id_No=1242

99619.jpg.f81408824537885ea273b1ee7e15777a.jpg

99620.jpg.f517eb2c2e285daa960d9c085d11f057.jpg

Jason - looks like a beauty that would have fit in nicely with your PL type set. Good for you to back off when it became too much for your wallet. Hard to do, I know!

They haven't got to my lot yet!! But I'll let you know when the bidding ends.

I love the live bidding....Jason glad to see that you stuck with your price and didn't get caught up in the bidding war.

I'm happy for you that you didn't win it - the price realized seems way too high.

I agree. It was fairly priced at $2k, which is where my bid was up until it hit the block. As it kept going up, I was growing more and more hesitant, until finally it got too high.

Nice PL Morgan!

Am I imagining things or were there not as many high-end items as usual? Also seemed like more "net" graded items (improperly toned, cleaned, etc) than normal.

Regardless the bidding seemed pretty strong.

Some lovely coins here everyone! Congratulations on getting the material that you wanted or having the brains to walk away when it got too expensive! :applause:

Well, I won one of my lots, lost out on 3. This one is definitely an upgrade from my 1889-s, MS61

1889smorganobv-horz.jpg

That is a nice one and a tough year. I got lucky and got a PCGS 63DMPL a few weeks ago.

Some nice pickups. Here's a couple $5 gold's I picked up to accompany the proof halves I won. These $5 golds are nothing special, but I couldn't refuse them at the selling prices, plus I wanted to get over the $1500 mark to avoid the ridiculous CA sales tax! .

99763.jpg.be3a38ab15d570c8b2bd7d7f5cb270eb.jpg

99764.jpg.e87a7814067ed0f504852bf6824f21be.jpg

Very nice pickups everyone!!!

And I feel ya Jimbucks , sales tax s#*ks. I said it in a previous thread, but sometimes it's hard for me to compete on Heritage when I'm paying roughly 9% sales tax. I try to factor that in to my bid , but as a result , I rarely win my lots :(