• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy to see so much more action here!!!

9 posts in this topic

....than even a month or two ago. I used to come here a lot but got discouraged because there was NO action on this forum. I'm very happy to see the increased participation and interest....even by Greg! laugh.gif

You sure it was not the other way around? wink.gif

You might be right!

I've been thinking about US Classic Commems lately. I've always like the Oregon Trails, and was looking at a Pilgrim yesterday. I'm not swayed yet but the interest has been awoken.

-JamminJ

I've thought myself that commem collectors make natural foreign coin collectors perhaps the inverse is true as well. Both can appeal to folks that like a variety of designs rather than date runs.

-JamminJ

I agree. Early US commems have always attracted me and I'm trying to fill up a Dansco 50 type commem album with coins in the MS63 range. I usually buy them slabbed and crack them out to place them in the album. Dansco has provided 5 extra openings (for symmetry reasons I guess) which I've used to place the circulation silver halves (from Barber to Kennedy). I'm only 25% through though and not exactly in a hurry to complete it.

You could start out slow with one of these and then go for the Deleware commem that goes with it...

1938swe2k.jpg

(thanks for pointing it out to me, tbirde.)