• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1877 Proof Set Almost Done - 20 Cent Piece Added Today

2 posts in this topic

It Took Me Four Years to Find This One!

My 1877 early proof set is made up of cameo proofs graded 63 or 64. I have been looking for a 20 cent piece that fits this criteria for almost 4 years. One PF 63 Cameo finally came available and I had to have it. Who knows when another might come along. So I bid strong and got it. The irony is that, after waiting 4 years for one to show up, 2 more came to auction within the next 3 months after I bought this. One was graded 64 cameo and the other 63 cameo sold for less than I paid (though it was not as nice). Sometime you just can't win!

Nevertheless, I am very happy with this one. I still can't believe it only got a 63. It honestly looks better that some Morgans I have in 65. Just look at the detail of the feathers on the reverse. Spectacular!

I have only the 50 cent piece to go to complete my set. I am still waiting for the right one. Perhaps I will let the first one that shows up go by, and wait for the next...

7418.jpg