• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1987 P Jefferson Nickel MS67 NGC MS 67 6FS - TOP POP!! posted by walnutto

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

You just never know when it will happen!

Here is another example of fishing for one and finding another instead. I bid on two Mint sets on Ebay a few weeks back and really was just interested in the 1981 Mint Set for the SBA's. The other set was a 1987. I went okay.....some more change for the bank later...lol I was disappointed with the 1981 set and I glanced at the 1987 and you just know when you find a six full step nickel and having it be a MS67 is a miracle. The observe does have a Proof Like appearance as well but the reverse falls short of it.

7414.JPG

NGC is very measured in their use of Stars on PL Obv 1980 and 1990s coinage. I do not know why. In this instance, its probably just semi-PsL, as are many late 1980s nickels. The MS67 grade is a real score, as some of these nickels are extremely rare above 66.