• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1914 woodrow wilson 3.5 ounces silver coin

2 posts in this topic

Hi i was just looking for a general estimate on the value of this coin so im going to try and give as best a description of it as i can and if their anything else you need to know please ask, thanks in advance

The front side of the coin has a sideview picture of woodrow wilson facing to the left it says woodrow wilson around the edges of the coin. on the other side of the coin theirs is an american eagle with the sun rising behind his head the eagle is standing on some sort of plaque with "1914" printed inside. underneath the plaque are a set of scales. under the scales the words "annval assay" curve around the botton. curving up the left side of the coin are the words "mint of the" and curving up the right side are the words "united states"

thats basically all their is to say about it. I can work on getting some pictures up i had it looked at by three jewellers and they all said it was definately real silver and one told me that he did some research and said that it was definately was a very old piece silver. I was also told by the man who gave it me that was a trial print where only 60 were made

hope you can help figure this out

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

You have the U. S. Mint's medal for the Annual Assay of 1914. It was designed by Charles Barber and George T. Morgan. These medals are rare, so determining its genuineness is essential. NGC will grade and encapsulate such medals.