• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Millennium SAE

5 posts in this topic

Howdy Tootawl. hi.gif

I have to admit that I have no clue as to when the composition of the set was changed, however, there is an "Ask NGC" board where such questions might also be answered. I haven't looked at that board yet so I don't know if you already posted there. Hopefully, one of the board members will know the answer for you.

It seems I remember reading about the addition of this Eagle about a month or so ago.

This is one coin where it all lies within the Mint packaging, because out of it, you cannot tell the difference between it and a regular struck 2000 silver Eagle.

With that being the case, I wish NGC had stuck to their guns when they originally stated they would NOT slab these with any special insert designation.

I haven't seen too many of these for sale so I purchased my own Millennium Set and sent the whole packaging in (minus the dollar bill) to prove it came from the set. I wonder if an SAE from the Legacies of Freedom set that the MInt is currently selling is going to be included.

I haven't given this an extraordinary amount of thought, but I'm reaching the conclusion that coins should not be distinguished by their distribution mechanism if they're otherwise indistinguishable from their peers. The Sacagawea coin in these sets at least has some interest in that it was finished differently, but the SAE is a regular run of the mill 2000 mint state example. Why do people care that it was packaged in a Millennium Set? They destroyed that fact when they had it slabbed, for Pete's sake!

893frustrated.gif

Beijim