• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a true NGC slab?

9 posts in this topic

Hey all. Can anybody tell me if this is a legitimate NGC slab/label? The label is different. (at least I have no others that look like it). I purchased a couple of years ago, and was going through them and noticed that it was considerably different. Thanks for your knowledge and advice!

98785.jpg.30a3407b64f5a06da8753fa33ca8d198.jpg

98786.jpg.a6b12bc5d7809947b6eb2ea5ed675231.jpg

I see nothing wrong with it. Our resident slab historian compiled an excellent reference you should check out: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=2&Number=2248404&Searchpage=1&Main=120474&Words=NGC+Conder101&topic=0&Search=true#Post2248404

Thanks for the link. Very interesting info. I see that it is a NGC 8 or 8.1 which fits considering it is a year 2000 coin. I was concerned because my other 2000's had different labels. Plus the fact that the hologram was covered just made me wonder. I feel better about the coin now. Thanks again.

The grading services update and go through insert label generations, get some Goo-Gone and remove that dealer sticker.

Many thanks. I will do that. Does anyone know if NGC will reslab a coin with glue on the internal white part of the holder? I know they will if I send it in, but are they going to charge me for the service? I also have a territory quarter that is upside down in the holder. Just wondered if they will do it for free?

It defently is a NGC holder . Also the W on the label is certified as WHITE . Ngc No longer does this..I have the only 2001 Kennedy that is PF70 W Ultra Cameo. It is the only PF70 W UC in existece.. Also the oval round sticker on the back of the slab that starts with the A8????. This means the coin came from teletrade auctions

If Conder101 says it's a 8.1 then you can take that to the bank.

Why not offer Conder101 rights to your image so it can be visually recorded? Seems he has no image for the 8.1

If Conder101 says it's a 8.1 then you can take that to the bank.

Why not offer Conder101 rights to your image so it can be visually recorded? Seems he has no image for the 8.1

Thanks y'all for the great info! Sure if Condor wants the photo it's his to use as he pleases. Just let me know!