• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SSP Website

8 posts in this topic

Nice coins but I don't care for how each new page opens in a new window. Pictures of the Goetz stuff are a little dark. confused-smiley-013.gif

-JamminJ

JammimJ , I can assure you that the pictures of the Goetz patterns are as good as they get (or almost). Taking pictures of dark copper is an entirely different story from shiny silver. As for the Edward VII set, it's really hard to assemble such a complete set, and in such quality, given the low mintage and mainly the mishandling not only from collectors but by the Royal Mint's employees this time, who were unaccustomed to matte proofs.

I'd loose the Gothic caracters in the main page though, if it was upto me.

JammimJ , I can assure you that the pictures of the Goetz patterns are as good as they get (or almost). Taking pictures of dark copper is an entirely different story from shiny silver.

I don't doubt the difficulty in photography. I know those coins look better in than the pictures indicate, a shame it cannot be communicated.

-JamminJ

I'll tell you most of those Copper patterns are as close as you'll ever come to how they look in hand.

Fair enough. I've had my own troubles photographing copper and no put down was intended.

-JamminJ